10.19.2009

Kitchen Table Re-Do

{Scratch and Dent Kitchen Table}
We bought this table about 2 years ago at a scratch and dent place, here in Salt Lake. We liked the shape, but were never thrilled about the wood stained top.
It worked well with our last house, but seemed a little too dark for the look I am going for now.
So I tried my hand at a little table RE-do!

This puppy had about 10 coats of epoxy on it and so I got to sanding it... and sanding it... and sanding it.
About half way through I decided I should have stripped it down, but was already on a roll.
So I kept sanding.............and sanding. LOL



Since I wasn't doing any kind of distressing or anything, I decided to prime it.
On THIS step I should have probably used a tinted primer.... but once again... I was just using what I had on hand.

K, now that everything is primed.... off to the spray paint, that everyone swears by.
So.... I don't know if I'm just a spray paint dummy or WHAT... but LOOK AT THIS! It was a total drippy mess!
Blahhhk

Moving on to black furniture paint.
I got some Valspar ready mix paint from Lowe's and was on my way.
I used a small non textured roller.

You can't really see it in this picture, but there are some major brush strokes from my second clear coat that I put on... and yes... because of my extreme OCD's it DOES bug me almost everyday, when I pass the table in the kitchen nook but I'm letting it go...or trying to. lol.
I figure that it only cost me about $10 bucks for the whole project.... I DID do it all on my own, my kids will probably beat it up, after a while, and I'll be touching it up with a black sharpie, till I get a new one, So why freak out over a few brush marks... right!?

I'll be posting a picture of the table put back together again, soon!

4 comments:

  1. I've had the same problem with clear coat so I just went back with my spray paint for the top layer and I've had no problems so far. I did do a semi gloss finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey the house is looking awsome, I'm loving everything so far! Good luck with the yard that's never as fun as doing the inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey the house is looking awsome, I'm loving everything so far! Good luck with the yard that's never as fun as doing the inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a dining room set that I don't love but cant afford a new one and would LOVE to try this, but sooo scared. maybe I will try a chair first, I guess if it doesn't turn out I will just buy pretty table cloths. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis