10.16.2017

Chafing Cream on Yo' Face!? - YUP!

I promise you I haven't gone crazy, and if you're like my friend Liz then I also need to say... no, this isn't a joke. lol.
You read it right. I am 100% recommending that you put crotch cream on yo' face.

Okay, it's not REALLY crotch cream, but it's from Monistat, and you know when you hear that brand the first thing you think of is anything that has to do with issues going on down in your lady town.
So even though this chafing relief powder gel can really go anywhere on your body to prevent rashes or irritation from daily skin friction... it still screams "crotch cream" to me😬 

Okay, good, we're on the same page - so let me blow your mind by telling you that this Monistat Chafing Powder Gel is now here to replace my favorite (expensive) Smashbox face primer, FOREVER.

Here's why...

1. It's literally got the same active ingredient (dimethicone). This is the thing that creates a barrier between your skin and your makeup. It fills-in imperfections, evens out skin texture and then has the ability to allow your makeup to hover over itself, resulting in a smoother, longer wear!
Honestly don't know how I ever lived without primer - it makes the biggest difference.

2. It's about... $30 cheaper!!! Yup, you can grab this Monistat Chafing Powder Gel from Amazon for less than $6!

3. The consistency is totally identical. Silky smooth and it feels SO good on the skin!

4. It doesn't clog your pores or irritate the skin. After over a month of trying the Monistat out myself (on highly sensitive, acne prone skin), I can proudly say that I've had zero reaction and no breakouts from replacing my Smashbox primer with the Monistat gel!

Thanks to a reader who asked my opinion on whether or not this comparable could be a "real thing", because it sparked the face-primer-trial that will now be saving me over $30, every other month or so! WHOO-HOO! 

Seriously guys TRUST ME, if you love the Smashbox Primer, you'll be totally amazed at how closely this $6.00 Monistat Chafing Powder Gel compares.
Give it a try - it's TOTALLY worth it!

Oh! And you can see what other face products I love, in my Flawless Face Foundation Must Haves Post.

25 comments:

  1. Do you apply it just right before foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mind.....frigin.....BlOWN. How in the world can this be!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SERIOUSLY??? I love this!!! I've never used primer but at 46...I think I need to try it and shelling out $6 is a LOT less painful than $36!!! Thanks for sharing and btw....I love your Insta-stories!!! The "Hey Girl Hey" just kills me!!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should try it! I think you'll love it!

      Delete
  4. Say whaaat?! Not gonna lie, a bit nervous to put crotch cream on my face..lol. is this legit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahah! Yes! I promise you, it is! Try it, you'll really like it I think! :)

      Delete
  5. It works! It works! It WORKS!!! I've been using it for a year or two now, and it's been one of my best beauty secrets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL! you were keeping this a secret!? lol
      jk. I'm so glad you like it too! Totally a way better price!

      Delete
  6. It's true! Been using this for 10 years now as a primer. Got my sister and mom to use it too. It used to be around $2.95 but after the hype of acting as a primer, it doubled and some places tripled in price. Still worthit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DANG GIRL! You were holding out on me! lol! jk
      Really, though, it's SO awesome!

      Delete
  7. I've been using this product for the past three years and luv it. Fabulous product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you use for skin care? I have sensitive/acne prone skin and should not be getting acne and wrinkles at the same time. So annoying! My skin seems to have a lot of "texture" and breakouts are so common. Any suggestions or things you've used would be AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're not asking me, but since your skin sounds *exactly* like mine, I thought I'd chime in anyway with a couple of things I love! I've been using Biore "don't be dirty" Pore Unclogging Scrub for a long time and my skin feels clean but doesn't get irritated. I also love Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream for Body on my face in the winter when things get really dry. Finally, the best thing I've found for texture is anything with glycolic acid in it. Lately I've been using Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Overnight Purifying Gel and my skin is always SUPER smooth the morning after I use it.

      Delete
  9. I've been using it as primer for years too! I prefer it to Smashbox, and the price and ability to buy it at tarjay boutique (where I am at least once a week anyway) make it totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited to try this! Gonna go out and buy some later today. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!! Purchased!!! If I don't like it on my face, I'll use it at Disneyworld this winter ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will certainly be giving this a go. Can I ask what the lipstick brand and color is in your photo above? It's BEAUTIFUL!!! I need a new fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been using this for years. It really does work.

    My boyfriend uses it on his butt; I use it on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you use moisturizer first and then the primer? Or just start with the primer before foundation and not use moisturizer? I usually moisturize prior to putting on makeup becyim too lazy to have a skin care routine at night.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can this be used as an eyeshadow primer? Looking for something to help it stay on and not crease.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis