3.04.2010

Thrifting with Salt Lake City Designer Gal



{Thrifty Chicks}
This past Saturday Salt Lake Designer Gal, Shannon and I went out thrift'n. It was a BLAST! Much need break from the day to day, with a great friend.
I love thrifting, and Shann knew some great spots to hit! Next time I'm definitely takin' the Smith minivan along. LOL. We could have shopped all night if we had the room. lol.







DI is always great for a thrifty find. I spotted this white headboard and was instantly in LOVE! After debating on where to put this pretty gal... I just couldn't find a great space... so off to Shannon it went... until she thought it might be too large for her space as well.... DANG IT! lol.
Shannon eyed that thing the rest of the time we were in the DI... It was hilarious!
PS... it was only like $20 bucks! I KNOW that someone reading this is DYING right now! LOL


At Home Again consignment I spotted this lovely, and knew I needed it for my empty living room..... till I looked at the $300 price tag!!! yikes! I'll have to keep my eye out for something close to this that I can refinish on my own.

Look how cute this little blue drawer is! Love it.

We headed off to Got Beauty for a quick look around. I had never been there, but the atmosphere is so neat. Lots of fun decor and things to pick up and "Ooo" and "Ahh" at.

After about the 2nd or 3rd DI, we finally stumbled on something that we were BOTH thrilled about! Matching twin head AND foot boards!
A little project that we plan to work on together... can't wait!

Shannon's poor car... It was stuffed to the gills!
(thanks for driving, girl! Maybe it's better that we DIDN'T have more space. lol)


4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and LOVE it. Oh and I NEED that headboard! I am looking for one for our guest bed. Shoot! Looks like I am off to a few DI's! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, we did have fun, didn't we?! let's do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already left a message on her blog - but next time you two girls had better call me up to go along. I'll even drive the mini van and bring the hand sanitizer along! :) Those headboards are cute - can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok Seriously you gals need to come pick me up (or we can caravan) and I can take you to some other cool spaces you MUST check out. Orrrr maybe you already know about LOL!

    I can't believe you're here in MY State. What are the chances I'd meet other fun crafty gals here? Cool!

    ok off to read more of your uberlicious blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis