11.06.2017

Easy Chipotle Cream Sauce

This chipotle cream sauce is SOOOOO good, and super simple! My bestie introduced me to it a few months ago, and it's the yummiest compliment to any kind of Mexican food! I've had this chipotle cream sauce on chicken tacos, burrito bowls, taquitos, tostadas and even drizzle it over grilled meat, if I need a kick of flavor. 
The recipe is really simple. Everything just gets thrown in a blender (I used my magic bullet) together, you blend it up really well, and you're DONE! 

The only ingredient you might have trouble finding if you've never used them before, are the actual chipotle peppers. I use the Embasa brand. They are canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and you can find them in the Mexican food isle for just a couple bucks. 
 Like I said before, I combine everything together in my little blender, blend it up well, and that's it!
KITCHEN TIP:
You can snag these plastic condiment bottles on Amazon, and use them for dressings, sauces, thinned out sour cream... whatever you want! They're really handy, I always have a few in my cupboard.

EASY CHIPOTLE CREAM SUACE:

In a blender mix together:
- 1/2 cup Mayonaise 
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbl. Fresh Chopped Cilantro (I honestly just grab what I think looks like about 3 tablespoons of cilantro, and chuck it in)😁
- 1 Tbl. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Whole Chipotle Pepper (Personally, I use one pepper and also pour some of the adobo sauce in as well, to add more spice. I've added two peppers before and I really liked it, but it was spicy for sure. If you want LESS heat, scrape the seeds out of the chipotle pepper that are inside. If you want more heat, leave them in. I leave mine in, and it's not too spicy for me!)

If your mixture seems slightly thick, you can add a touch of milk to thin it out. I'd say start with 1/2 Tbl. and go from there. 

ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I now wanna make this and squirt it on my English muffin this morning, happy? Tee Hee! I'm kinda drooling over those crispy taquito-like beauties underneath....gotta go do a search on your site to see if they are listed anywhere Ü Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Show us those taquito things underneath as well! I want it ALL!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum! my hubs would love this extra spicy. Gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis