8.18.2017

When you Suck at Back to School Momming...

Guys... my kids start school in 4 days and as of 2 days ago nobody had backpacks, pencils, paper, or whatever else I'm suppose to GUESS they need... because to be honest? I'm not sure where the HECK to look for a list of supplies.
Is there like an email sign-up from the school that I'm not on or something? Frick.

You know when your kids start asking questions like... "Mom? do you think we should like... maybe get ready for school, because it starts next week?"... you've completely submitted to #summermomming, and have little to no comprehension of what time of day it is... let alone the actual day of the month (insert dramatic, laid back summer shrug here).

That being said... one thing you have to know about my twins, is that they are maybe the worlds most responsible 11 year old-worry warts you've ever met... but please know I mean this with complete sincerity and admiration. (this picture is not a accurate portrayal of said worry warts๐Ÿ˜œ

So when I see the first, sure-tell signs of back to school panic in their little eyes... I know it's time to jump into action - fast!

Sadly, this Mom was chillin' in Summer mode and didn't get to the "cute backpack" haul in time (which, duh, is the most important item)... so Amazon Prime to the rescue! - which is really what all this blabbing is about. Uniting with other Mom's in denial about school starting, who also missed the cute backpacks IN store... and sharing the quick-ship options I found for my girls, in case you need a little help๐Ÿ˜˜

Below are links for each backpack, and they will ship in just 2 quick days peeps!๐Ÿ™Œ


The twins are in love, and feeling less panic. Especially after I threw a few sharpened pencils, a pen and some computer paper in their backpacks that we had just hanging around here at the house๐Ÿ˜.

...WHAT? I'm not going to spend money on a bunch of supplies they won't even need! I'm waiting until they HAVE to have something, and then I'll make my Walmart/Target run๐Ÿ’... right?

Oh! And because Aubrie was feeling left out, here is her backpack that she's using this year. I hesitate to share it because it says it's out of stock, but maybe if you really wanted to you could track one down.

Happy back to schooling Mommas and thank the heavens for Prime shipping #amiright!? lol

2 comments:

  1. Our schools generally have online sites and the lists are there. It used to be that they'd send out all kinds of stuff, but now they expect us to go after it!

    I also stock up on pencils and stuff whenever I find them for cheap! None of this "buy everything new all at one store and pay a bunch for it" nonsense!

    I'm in Massachusetts, where we don't start that early, but we're in school until June 20 or later! This year, we start the day after Labor Day. My twins, however, are going to be sophomores in college (two different colleges), and they're starting classes next week and the week after. Once they go, I'll get a bit more serious about seeing what the younger one needs.

    Good luck for a great school year for your girls and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your post! I have almost 3 years old twins and I just told my husband that I think I'm living in hell. I love my kids so much, but I HATE being mom 98% of the time. People around me keep asking me :" What is wrong with you?" and I just keep thinking what is wrong with you people and how you can like it? Reading the post and comments is so helpful - to know that I'm not crazy and not alone. You gave me some hope and also it is so good to feel that I'm not alone. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis