5.03.2010

Smith Chicks 2010


After a LONG week, last week... this weekend was filled with LOTS of quality time with these cute chicks, and their Dad.  Complete with an April photo shoot, that I thought I'd share.


We love to document the girls in a little "photo-shoot" every month... and then at the end of the year publish them in a fun book, with a page or so, from each month, that past year.
*** they make GREAT Christmas gifts for Grandparents! :)


I've gotten a lot of emails about what kinda "books" I actually do...
Here is the post from this past Christmas, that I did on my family blog, so that you could see.

Christmas Gifts
original post date 12/2009
This year I wanted to do something really cool for me and Cason's mom.
I finally came up with this.
A small photo book from Sam's Club, that reviewed our whole last year.
It was a JOB, I tell ya. This thing took me a full WEEK. Just narrowing down pictures, uploading them, finding the layouts I wanted... whew! It wasn't easy. lol.
But it was TOTALLY worth it. They both LOVED it!
I need to order one for myself. I didn't have the money at the time. Because they are about $18.00 each, but I'm definitely getting one!
(The price starts at only $10.00 for a soft cover book, like this, but I added about 20 more pages, so the price went up...still a TON cheaper then I've seen them anywhere else)

The book came like this.
Just plain black. It didn't have an option to have a title on the front, so I added some vinyl.



I think I'm going to make this an ongoing tradition. And give them a new little book, each year. Grandma's LOVE that stuff right!? Plus, it will motivate me to do one for myself!
I'm pretty much addicted now. I want to make a book for EVERYTHING. They are SO great to have and look at. My kids LOVE flipping through the ones at Grandmas house, and looking at pictures of themselves.
Since I'm not a scrapbooker... I definitely recommend this to EVERYONE!
Just make sure that you have some time to spare!

Here are some pages... I just wanted to show you what the inside looks like!













11 comments:

  1. where did you get this album from?

    So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful family! I love the book idea too :). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are soo beautiful! I love the book. I wish I could get my act together and do something like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I didn't know that you could do this at Sam's Club (and at Costco...that's where my membership is at). What a great idea! Yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job & i luv the added vinyl! i luv making photo books. you did a great job on yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I so love your book! Awesome work and a fabby idea!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also make a family book every year, just in case my computer would ever crash :O)
    Another great place I get my books is Winkflash.com, they have specials all the time for a hardbound 8x12 (i think) book for $19 and it includes up to 100 pages. The books are so well made....check it out if you want to include even more pages for the grandparents :O)_

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your book! Where did you get the cute backgrounds??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey -- (love the blog, btw!) my dad makes one of these books for everyone in the family every year for Christmas. He picks the "Top 100" pictures from all of our cameras, Facebook pages, emails, etc from throughout the year.

    My brothers and sister and I live all across the country, so it's always so fun on Christmas morning to flip through and see which of your pictures made the cut!

    And now, every time we take a group shot, my dad always says, "Smile -- this might make it in the Top 100!"

    Great minds think alike -- you should definitely keep up this tradition! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis