12.08.2010

WOTYA, aka: "Wife of the Year Award"

{Goin' for the...WOTYA}
Yup... That's right... I'm gonna get it this year... I KNOW it!
You may be askin' yourself...
"WOT-YA talkin' bout girl?" lol
Well... it's
The, Wife Of The Year Award!

Let's be really honest...I've totally blown my chances for ANY sort of MOTHER of the year award, this time around.
I'm pretty sure just to qualify you can't...

* forget to pickup milk for 4 days
* shove donuts down your kids' throats before school, just to make sure they
"get breakfast"
* Let them stay up till midnight and then expect them to wake up at 7:00am
* Forget what day you bathed them last
* Tell them repeatedly that if they don't stop screaming... Santa's going to skip out on Christmas, this year.
* Accidentally roll up one of their hands in the car window... because you were trying to talk on the phone, and couldn't hear, with all the wind.
* Make them Macaroni and cheese with water, instead of milk...
(remember... I keep forgetting?)
* Or force them to pee in the Walmart parking lot, whilst using your own arms as a "sling type toilet seat" because you STILL have about a billion errands to run...and if that kid freakin' pees in her pants, before you can make it inside, then you MAY or may not just FLIP out, because
"Momma doesn't have TIME to go back home to get more dry panties!!!"
...
*siiiiigh*
See... I told you.  I'm probably not going to make it to the top ten in the "mothering category."

But the other day, when we got SLAMMED with snow, here in Utah... I was DETERMINED to stick my foot in the door, for the WOTYA title.
Wanna know what I did, to be considered?

Take a look...

BEFORE:
Notice only the SMALL strip of driving area up the driveway, and our COMPLETELY covered snowy walkway to the front door...


AFTER:
(That part left over in the driveway was all a big chunk of ice... gimmie a break, okay?...ha!)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

 Woot, Woot!!
Yup, I did all that!  14 inches +... out of the way, for YOUR walking pleasure
:)
Cason was so proud of me.  Even if at FIRST he didn't believe that I had actually DONE it! :(
Don't worry, the continuous complaining about my back and hand hurting, for the next 3 days, was proof enough that I had put in the 3 long hours, shoveling. :) ha!

So ya... 
* I may not cook a mean dinner,
* Wash clothes on a regular basis
or
*Remember to feed my kiddos a "healthy" breakfast before school...

But THIS Momma, can shovel ONE, HECK OF A DRIVEWAY!
:)
.
.
.

PS.  When I showed Cason these pictures on my camera of our funny Aubrielle, riding sliding in her bike down the icy driveway, You wanna know what the FIRST thing he said to me was?
And in all seriousness...

"Wow!  You EVEN put her snow clothes on!  Good for you!  Usually you don't really... "do" snow clothes"


LOL LOL LOL...
I guess I shouldn't be TOO offended.  He's kinda right...
They take about 20 minutes to get on, for only 5 measly seconds of "fun"... before a kids crying about...
"how their boots hurt, how their gloves have snow in them, or that their hat is too hot and itchy"
(rolling my eyes)
.
.
.
yup... Mother of the Year... TOTALLY out of the question.




41 comments:

  1. hahaha! You crack me up! But good for you to get all the shoveling done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm impressed. Sure you don't have a snow blower hidden somewhere? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the shoveling. I think you have WOTYA in the bag! You totally crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! oh you had be giggling to myself, thinking of memories back in the day with mom & two little sisters...and i KNOW i'll have similar experience with my kid(s) as they get older!!! You are one witty writer :) And you rock for shoveling all that snow! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! Agree with you on the snowsuits, boots, gloves ect...pain putting them on and then even worse when they come in and trying to figure out where to put all the wet clothes!!
    Way to go on the driveway :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! I just have to say I love your blog and I love knowing there is another mom out there like me :)!! And go you for shoveling all of that snow. I shoveled our driveway and sidewalk for my hubby but we didn't have 14" of snow. I think I would have passed if there had been that much snow. Oh and I feel the same way about snow clothes..so much work to get them in them and then out of them again...uggh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the best I can always count on you for good laugh. I think you might just be in the running for moty. I mean come on you sacrificed yourself to become a human potty. You didn't care that you just might get tinkle on your shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with all the others, I'm super impressed with the shoveling. Just teasing you about the snow blower. My sister has a snow blower and still is out there shoveling her little heart out in Western NY where they just got dumped on with snow.

    YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! THANKS ladies! :)
    And I only WISH I had a snow blower! WHEW!
    I think that's our NEXT investment :)

    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  10. --- Or force them to pee in the Walmart parking lot, whilst using your own arms as a "sling type toilet seat" -- I'm so guilty of this one too!! By the time I finished the post, I was LMAO!!! but my ass came back:)Funny post and you got my vote for WOTYA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a LOT of snow!!! OMG you crack me up every single time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a riot! And I love that you are so "real". :) Great job on the shoveling!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And those are some darn cute snow clothes to beat!!! Love your real world posts! Thanks for sharing and YOU GO GIRL! Driveway rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm laying in bed reading this on my blackberry and just about peeing myself laughing.
    Infact, I laughed so hard I woke my sleeping baby. Oops!
    You are too funny girl.
    Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post. Gave me a good laugh. Plus a cramp in my arm thinking of all that shoveling.

    And seriously - who hasn't held their little girl in a arm sling potty seat? I mean I haven't done it in a Wal Mart parking lot but I did make her do it at the Christmas tree farm last Saturday. She hopped right up in my arms like it was no biggie and my hubs said, "Done that much?"

    Who? Me? Of course not. I'm the best mother ever and I always make sure she goes pee before we go anywhere. ;) Psssh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Shelley... You get MOTYA and WOTHYA. Having boys I have never had to be a Human Potty, I would say just pee on the tree son, LOL... and I've given my kids chocolate cake and milk for breakfast. Cake has flour, eggs, milk... see I had it covered :) You totally rock for shoveling cuz we had snow Mark would be the one doing all the work. NOT ME!!!!!!!! I love your blog you rock, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Being MOTY is totally overrated! I totally needed your post today, too many people are unrealistic! Thank you for keeping it real!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so glad to know im not the only one that forgets when i last bathed my child lol loved this post

    ReplyDelete
  19. Snow clothes drive me UP A WALL! The grand thing about having my boys get older is that I can now say "I'll pay you a PAPER dollar to shovel the snow before daddy gets home." Paper dollars = 100 in their minds and they stay outside for hours! I think I need another snowstorm soon! Way to go, you will for sure win the wife award. You just admitted to much for the mom one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are killin' me! This post is too funny. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post was hilarious! Thanks for the honesty and the sacrifice and risk of bodily injury to clear the driveway, now when are we invited over to test it out? ;)
    xoxo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL..LOL...LOL..right there w/ ya girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha. Don't worry; despite my best intentions, doughnuts for breakfast is standard affair WAY too many mornings at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You crack me up Shelley! Cason and those girls are so lucky to have you :-)
    I have spent all week at the beach cos Riley is getting his Surf Lifesaving Certificate... I have lost my shite with the kids almost everyday... and I didnt have to shovel any snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too funny! That was a lot of snow to shovel. My mom was the same way when we were growing up in NY. By the time she got all of us dressed in snow gear, inevitably one of us 4 would have to go to the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You make life fun for them and that makes you a great mom- milk or no!
    Oh, but why were you making her go in the WM pkg lot- don't they have bathrooms in WM?
    You're too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Don't worry I'm out for mother of the year award too. I'm pretty sure that a slice of cold pizza doesn't really count for breakfast either. :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved this post.
    Your twins have the cutest clothes. I'm due with twins in March. Looking to ebay any of their stuff?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  29. hahahaha! you are too funny & cute! i so enjoy reading your blog! and way to go on the shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Donuts aren't healthy? Now my MOTY title is in the toilet too! I tell my husband all the time that the places I lack in mothering/wifeing ability will only encourage our 3 kids to be better wives, mothers, and husbands....I'm helping them!
    Tina
    www.norahjamesdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love reading your posts! Thanks for helping me feel like I'm not alone in this motherhood battle...(I am on the losing side most days). :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just LOVE how honest you are!! Makes me feel like I am a NORMAL Mom (Thank goodness!!)
    I think I lost my MOTYA when I had my 8 year old change my 2 year olds diaper for a full week to earn money!! BAD mother I know...But,It was a GREAT break! I guess life isn't as perfect as our wonderful blogs! DARN..Wish I were:) Thanks for keeping it REAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am an old mother (55), but making mac and cheese with water, that cracks me up. Todays mothers do have ALOT to do but your kids always know they are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I laughed so hard. I am a mom of 4 girls and everything you explained is my house about every other month it seems like. My husband is way gone for work before I even get up so your snow shoveling job is just like mine. Then as I watch my neighbors in envy use their snowblowers I think about burning calories instead. (it helps make me feel better about not having one) Then my poor hands and back suffer for the next few days too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I can't believe you guys got that much snow! Good for you - you totally deserve a WOTYA :) I would never have done that.lol. You also deserve BOTYA! (The 'b's for blogger...ya'know. just in case) You are inspirational, hilarious, I can read your posts for hours, and are full so many good ideas and commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'll never win MOTYA, so don't feel bad. :)
    And holy cow...that is impressive. I need to remember to buy my neighbor some sweet treats again so he will continue to do our driveway in times of bad snow...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm pretty sure we're twins. Everything you described for your MOTYA is totally me. I can't tell you how many times I've given my kids dry Cheerios on the way out the door to take my daughter to preschool. Baths? What are those? lol! Snow clothes? Psh. And the santa thing? You have to go to www.portablenorthpole.tv Santa sends a personalized video email to your kids. My daughter was amazed and has been SO GOOD the last couple days! lol.

    Awesome job on WOTYA!

    ReplyDelete
  38. ok. this was really funny. i don't comment ever, but had to on this post. thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lol!! I will never forget the first time I conquered the driveway. It was completely covered again before my sweet honey even got home from work! I cried and cried when he got home, he had NO idea what was wrong with me :). Ahh, good times!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis