7.09.2010

Jamielyn @ I Heart Naptime




Hey! I'm Jamielyn from I♥naptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes

and I'm so excited to be swapping blogs today with House of Smiths! Today I'm going to share with you a fun summer wreath I just finished.




So I started out with this ugly wreath from Michaels that cost about $2. Then I spray painted it robbin egg blue. Make sure to do a few coats to get through all the branches!
Then I made a few different kind of fabric flowers. I mainly made these rolled flowers, but the blue one is a fire flower!!
I laid them all down on the wreath and decided it needed to be a little different... a little more summery! :)
So I made a few ruffled layers to go underneath the rolled flowers. This was all using scrap fabric... a great way to use it up! 
After I knew I had everything where I wanted it, I began hot-gluing it down. Don't you just love those things?
Then I made a "sash" for it to hang by...you could just use a fat ribbon for this part...but I didn't have a white ribbon that big...so I decided to make it. I used that fabric on these curtains. Same technique!
After I made my sash I sewed it on top to give it extra strength and hung it over my mirror.










Just what my mirror needed!!
So what do you think?! Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks Shelley for having me today on your cute blog! Come by I ♥ naptime and see what else I've been up to!

6 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower! I found you at I heart naptime! beautiful blog with so many great ideas!
    Smiles!

    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower. I love your style, and I love your joyous smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really really cute. I love the blue color!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I love the modern twist on this wreath! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it! The color is so happy! I really like how you placed it over the mirror like that! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really cute. i have a mirror over my piano that is calling out for this. how did you actually attach to the mirror? what did you hang it from? the picture wire, maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis