8.06.2010

The Badger Bug & Mike and Karlie's Home


So... it all started with this guy...
"Boss Badger"
(AKA: Our Dad)
Remember his most recent accomplishment?


This was a result of...
"THE BADGER BUG"
.
.
.

As was this... Done recently by my Sister and her hubby Bud
(I have yet to see the finished product... but you get the idea)
BEFORE

AFTER

"BADGER BUG"
.
.
.

And we all know that THIS never ending little project I coaxed Cason into
... was just... crazy... right?

"BADGER BUG"
.
.
.

Well... My big bro. and my cute sister in law Karlie, have also been diagnosed with
"The Badger Bug"


What IS the "Badger Bug" you ask?
Well... let's just say that it's a crazy, almost OCD nature that makes an over 50 year old man bike from Jackson Hole Wyoming to Logan Utah EVERY YEAR, for the past 4 Years...
in ONE DAY!!!
[dad2.jpg]

It's when someone says you CAN'T and you SHOW THEM
... you CAN and WILL!...
:)
... and  that you're not going to STOP till it is PERFECT!  Even if it sounds crazy!
... literally.
Like... no corners cut, everything in it's place...
Let's just add some crown molding here, some under cabinet lighting there, repaint our entire house, rip out our whole hall bathroom to the studs on a Saturday night,
pimp out and decorate the inside of your freakin' pantry... kinda, crazy!!!
LOL.

Mostly this "bug" peeks it's ugly little head out...
via, home projects, like these... but has been known to change career paths, and lives...

Always for the good... I'm happy to report
 :)

Well, I'm THRILLED to finally share my brother and sister in laws
"Badger Bug" Experience :)
It's been in the works for a while now... and I'm SO excited to have pictures to show you!
Here we go...

KITCHEN BEFORE

During...




hmm... nope... stained isn't the way to go... SCRATCH THAT


I think... WHITE!



KITCHEN AFTER
OH MY GOSH!!!!!... right!?







Entryway BEFORE

ENTRYWAY AFTER



LIVING ROOM BEFORE

LIVING ROOM AFTER


.
.
.

"BADGER BUG"
.
.
.
Ah-MAZING!
(so proud to call these talented, stylish people... family ) lol.

WARNING:
If you find yourself coming down with this "bug"
please be aware of these major side effects

*Upset stomach
*Lack of sleep
*Occasional loss of income
*Excited butterflies
*Fighting with spouses
*Hours of fixing/repairing what you may have thought to be... "GREAT IDEAS" or short cuts
*Potential Sessions with a Therapist
(or a couple of nights complaining to friends and/or family) 
*Occasional Diarrhea
(Okay, not really, unless you're doing a kitchen remodel and you have to eat out every night for 3 months)

and lastly...but most importantly

* Extreme Happiness and Overwhelming Contentment...
...when you can step back and finally enjoy the fruits of your labor :)



24 comments:

  1. Question is how to get rid of the bug? Seems to me it is incurable. There's always another project lurking around the corner. Love the transformation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! from Jackson...in one day!? that's crazy! i'm from Driggs! my family is the same way...except that we tend to not finish all our projects, we get it from our dad! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that was a way cute way to showcase your awesome family and an awesome remodel. oh and I do believe that bug is one that I am ok with having for life.. on the other hand, my hubby and neighbors are destined to spend a life time of rolling their eyes and wondering, "What on earth is the crazy woman doing now?!!?" hee hee!!!

    ~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! So this talent is genetic?? A gift AND a curse. lol! These are absolutely amazing makeovers. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the kitchen- so crisp and clean looking. what a difference white can make and the new countertops are beautiful. I adore the breakfast nook too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING!!! I love it all :) I still can't take the leap to the white..but I think it looks great in everyone else's house..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT'S what it is! I'll report to my husband immediately. He will be happy to know I AM sick;) What fun pics! Lots of work that totally paid off. LOVE IT.

    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing....I recently seen a VERY cute VERY inexpensive back splash Idea......interested??? Let me know... www.shabbychicthriftyunique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to have this bug,right?! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So apparently it's contagious!! I've infected my husband with the virus.
    lifeofperks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. We soooo need the bug!!!! We are tired and overwhelmed over here!!! Can't wait to see the fruit!!!! Thanks for always inspiring....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like your family is as amazing as you are. I have the "bug", but no Bug Boss to get things done. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the new kitchen! LOVE IT! is that "bug" contagious? that's a bug i'd like to catch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am the same way--drives my dh nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must know the color they used on the kitchen walls!! Looks amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Their kitchen is incredible!! I am lving those pillows. How cute is the green and black combo!!
    Cute!! It's good to know that my fam isn't the only one who is crazy! At least we are in good company!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the badger bug. but my husband calls it impossibly perfect OCD b*tch =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, this is absolutely incredible! I can only imagine the proud feeling they must get every time they walk into either of those rooms- everything looks AMAZING! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First of all...you are a very captivating writer...your words make me want to read more and more and more! Second...you come from one talented family! The "Badger Bug" is one bug I wouldn't mind catching:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shelly, I just wanted to let you know, I awarded you a blog award. Enjoy!

    http://mycraftielife.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-first-blogging-award.html

    Plus, I have the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and your family are amazing! I am tempted to paint my kitch cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all the before and after pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis