7.15.2010

Pantry Progress

{Pantry Progress}

Cason found my charger! YAY!
It was in the bag that I took to my sisters baby shower (the last time I used it)... oops. :)
It's charging now, and I'll be back to picture taking tomorrow!
(I felt so pointless without my camera! lol)

The pantry... is coming along!
See my island... not SO cluttered.
Things are making a re-entrance into their new places!


I've been trying to keep my new "storage solutions" REALLY inexpensive.
These are those few things that I picked up at IKEA in the "as is" section.
large box: $6.00
2 clear bathroom caddy's - $3.00
tin box - $2.00
small clear storage container - $1.50
Besides a few of these items being "display items" I don't know WHY they were so cheap?
Nothing is wrong with them... (shrug) oh well.


These are the other two items I'm pretty excited about.
A few months back my sister in law, Jessica and I headed to this awesome antique garage sale that goes on every year, right by her parents house, and I snagged these old milk crates for $3.00 each.
I LOVED the farm word engravings and the grey worn wood, with the metal sides.


K... so currently I have no door on my pantry.
I'm thinking I need to wait and reveal the space, till I get one???
hmm... I'm still thinking on that. lol... because it may be a few weeks.

Like I said before... this projects is taking quite a bit longer than I thought it would.
There are so many details involved when redoing a SUPER small area, that has to have LOTS of usable, cute/stylish/inexpensive/did i mention cute, space and storage!

...till tomorrow!

UPDATE:
I've had a lot of people ask where I purchased this yellow rug!
I got it from Ballard Design about 8 months ago :)
It was actually in their clearance section, for about $14.00 with shipping.
I always keep my eyes peeled for markdowns of their great rugs, so I can snag them up, when they get affordable enough for me :)


Also... The garage sale that I got these crates at... people want to know when and where that is.
here is the info:
Bill Alder collects antiques and orders in from China for an entire year and then has a HUGE garage sale every Memorial Day Weekend, Friday, Saturday and Monday. It opens at 9:00. His address is 1650 East 10600 South in Sandy. It is on the south side of the road and you can park in the lot east of his house or the dirt area to the North of his house. He doesn't have a website or anything like that to refer to but here is the information that you'll need. I hope this helps

23 comments:

  1. LOVE your yellow kitchen rug, can I ask you where you bought it???
    ~Robin @keephomesimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously the fact that you can walk INTO your pantry makes me kinda hate you. And I mean that in the nicest, least hateful, way possible.

    Jealous much.

    If you don't add a door, I can totally get over the fact that you could actually hide in your pantry and eat cupcakes all day like I dream about...just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're killin' me...patiently waiting for the reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see! The crates look so fun! I am linking to your blue chippy window frame posts at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOOVE those crate! The suspense is building, can't wait to see your pantry makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love LOVE those antique boxes! Hurry up and finish already I want to see the reveal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I want those crates. I have one that was my grandpa's when he used to haul milk for winder dairy back in the day. I think they are so cool.
    Good luck with the pantry.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget the door!! We want to see it NOW! LOL I mean, strictly blog related, if you made a post about it done WITHOUT the door, then WITH the door, we'll be able to appreciate the amazingness INSIDE the pantry...oooh and ahhh over that a bit....then when you get the door, we can go WILD over that all on its own!!

    Just an idea...it's not selfish at ALL. LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those crates are so cool! I can't wait for your pantry reveal - I'm gonna feature it!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the kitchen run Where did u find it? U do the best home redos! Seriously anytime u coming to Moab? I know u could just walk around my house and say do this change that! I would LOVE IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those crates!!! Can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute storage containers. Can't wait until the big reveal so I can steal your ideas for my cramped pantry as well. Glad you or should I say Cason found your charger. Better put a beeper on that thing.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh I love that yellow rug!! It is such a nice punch of color with that floor!! Perfect!

    So what! I'm commenting you and e-mailing you at the same time! =) Thats how I roll! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with those amazing crates!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We want to see!!!!! And can you share where is that awesome antique garage sale? I want to go! Pretty please??? I didnt know there was one around here (in UT) Do share please!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't you just love the As Is section at Ikea? Although, you seem to find a lot better goods than I do when I'm there!
    Thanks for the suggestion on the logo. I've been following your blog for a while now and I love all of your cheap findings. I love a good deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hurry up! It's not like you lost your camera and you CAN'T take after pictures. Just speaking from experience here! It's killing me not to show you all the fabulousness that resides in my kitchen. Even my nerdy, moody little brother was impressed! Wish that I could find my stinkin camera!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea with those crates and I want that yellow rug!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would also love to know where your yellow rug came from, I Love it! Can't wait to see the pantry reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so talented!! So glad I found your blog today! We just bought an old house that has to be re~done....and I LOVE your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooohhh...I feel so bad that IKEA was out of stuff. I HATE that! I have a bunch of those silver things to hold our DVD's. I LOVE them. See how we should be besties? I hope the pantry is moving along and that your Triscuits have found a place to reside. *wink*wink*

    Lovin' those crates! Yay! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That rug is fabulous!

    Haven't seen you on here in a few days! Hope that things are going well your way and that your pantry is almost done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Where exactly do you keep your "extra" food items (like the rest of your paper towels, pasta, etc.)?

    karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis