6.29.2010

Crafty Paper Projects


I've been a bit distracted lately with all the Summer plans that we've had going.
Mostly I'm TOTALLY stoked that my older sister is coming into town tomorrow!!! eeek!
As I mentioned before, she's preggers with her first, and I get to throw her a baby shower with my SIL Karlie! :)

She's just over 33 weeks now, and I'm so excited!

I thought I'd share a little something different today :)
I've ALWAYS been drawn to paper!  The colors, the different prints and designs.  I'm a bit obsessed.
And.............i don't even scrapbook.
...keep that on the Down Low.
I'm pretty sure that's why my cute hubby keeps letting me buy paper... because he thinks I'm doing something amazing with each piece. LOL.
Reality:
sometimes I just get it out... to stare at the "pretty-ness" of it.
Is this coming off weird?  Am I alone here? lol.

Anyway... my vinyl biz, my house, my kids and hubby... those are all my favorite things.  But I STILL feel the need for an outlet that is more of.... a hobby, if you will.
And this is it :)
I love to create new fun things with the all the beautiful paper that is out there!
I'm no paper expert, and I'll be totally honest when I say that I LOVE to gather ideas from all the talented scrapbooking and card making ladies in blog world... to conjure up banners, handouts and note cards of my own!
Let's give it up for those awesome paper project bloggers! :)

So, I thought it might be fun to share a few things that I've done in the past, as well as what I'm working on now!


I'm into the whole banner thing.  I think it's a GREAT idea, and a fun way to personalize ANY party.
This banner was my first.
It was for our little Aubrielle's FIRST "diva" birthday.

After THAT banner, I knew I had to do one for the twins's Barbie Party.
This one was made the night before, and was A LOT more simple, but fun, just the same :)

I teach the 14-15 year old Young Woman at my church on Sunday's and try to always give some kind of handout or treat, so that they can remember and reflect on what we talked about in church, for the rest of the week.
I have this warped idea that the girls keep them, and post them up on a board in their rooms, or keep them somewhere in a journal or folder. lol.
(don't want to know ANY different, if they don't. LOL)

These were the handouts this past Sunday for my class.



on the other side



This was a lesson about speaking kind words to others.
I did Sour Patch Kids candy, and this cute little phrase.

[Pillow+Tutorial,+Haning+chandy,+entry+way,+and+flying+kies+109.JPG]

Communication with family lesson, handout

[Pillow+Tutorial,+Haning+chandy,+entry+way,+and+flying+kies+111.JPG]

These others are just cards and little things that I've done for others.

For Mothers day, a few years back...

[Mother's+Day+Gifts+010.JPG]

Some handmade cards for a cousin of mine.
[12-card-designs.jpg]




[Cards-and-Vinyl-Scraps!.jpg]

THIS is what I'm working on now!
I'm totally into stamps lately!
L.O.V.E them!
They ARE quite pricey, sometimes, but if you catch them on sale, then you're good! :)

These are the supplies I used to make the party favors for my sisters shower.
Stampin' Up tree stamp set, blue, pink, and chestnut ink



These little tags will go on some cute pinwheel party favors.
I'll post the finished project when I get it all done :)












I'm still learning about paper folding and such, but thanks to a few helpful online tutorials,
and here
 I think I'm gettin' the hang of it. lol.

The showers this Friday... hopefully I can get everything done by then!!!
Wish me luck! :)

31 comments:

  1. Those banners are so cute! I love the little bags of treats with the teaching on them, great idea for the kids! Have fun with the shower, can't wait to see all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so darn creative! I'm jealous! I love baby showers, and I really appreciate those pics - more ideas! Now if only more of my friends/family would have babies... oh well, at least I have time to plot. :-) I hope you have a great time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...Is there anything you CAN'T do!?! It almost makes me sick to read your blog. Okay, not really, it's more like "embarrassed" that I don't know what I do with my time all day long. Geesh. You are one VERY talented gal! And did I mention that I CAN'T STOP looking at your blog! Maybe that's where all my time has gone? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute ideas as always. Great job!

    I do scrapbook and have more paper than I know what to do with! Why, I don't know. I just always buy it and I feel like when I scrapbook, I have nothing that I want to use! haha It's bad! But I just HAVE to have it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I get to know you the more I think we could be twins! Seriously I am the same way about scrapbook paper, I don't do pictures but but I love to do cards, handouts, and just staring at prettiness. I thought I was just weird like that lol...glad I'm am not alone:)

    P.S. If you ever need some photos photoshopped or want some textures and a cool effect (vintage look,color pop, or anything else) let me know. I might start charging a small fee in the future but for now I am still practicing so there is no charges:) You know my email, just shoot me one and the files attached.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I didn't reply to the email! Those are darling. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Lissa Leigh, I'm addicted to your blog. It makes me want to be creative and yet all I seem to do is read your blog.(and several others)
    Although I am working on getting a little more done and being more creative. Anywho, thanks for inspiring us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, well! Look at you crafty gal! Not a scrapbooker my left toe. As a scrapbooker, I don't think you necessarily have to make scrapbook pages or albums to be in the club. Anything with paper will do. ;) Super cute projects!!

    And, FYI, be careful of the stamps. They are nearly, if not more, addicting as the paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I love to follow the PTI designers too. I especially love Dawn's style. I think you are using your paper creatively and can justify buying it. LOL I teach Relief Society and am inspired by your hand out ideas. I agree with you about the banners, so cute and easy to make. Btw my daughter has the same Barbie shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!!! I love how you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! I am planning a baby shower next month too and those favors will be perfect! I love that I can look at your blog and get inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun with the shower - I LOVE LOVE throwing baby and bridal showers. They are so much fun.

    ps..you can be my next visiting teacher and leave me fun treats and notes on my porch. Ok? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAVE I TOLD YOU HOW TALENTED YOU ARE!!!!! I LOVE it!!I LOVE the pinwheels, I am in charge of RS night and for this month of July I thought would be cute to make these for the women to take with sone sort of saying, I just need to figure out how to make the pinwheels & find some antique red & blue paper?Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  14. seriously?!?!?!?! wow you are soooooooooooooooo good at card making! I had no clue you were into "paper" stuff that much!!! you should TOTALLY post most card & paper pictures for us to drool over!!!!! awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I adore paper. I could look at it for hours. (part of the reason that trips to Roberts have to be rationed out like food in the depression) And I rarely do actual scrapbooking. I started doing that, way back when I could only choose tiny little star stickers from Mrs. Grossmans. Seriously lacking in choices then.....

    I laughed my head off at the thing about the YW putting their handouts on a bulletin board. Do they have a little Michael McLean playing in the background while they lovingly place each item? Love it! (and I love the Sour Patch one. Partly because I adore those...and partly because I eat my own words so often...they might as well be something I like. I would also accept Swedish fish, or peachie rings)

    I think we might need to be best friends? Whaddya say?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your ideas! When I was a Young Woman, I used to love all the handouts my teachers gave me. I still to this day remember some of the handouts that I had stuck around my mirror. So when I taught Young Woman's, I put lots of effort into the handouts. I think it's soooo nice and worth the effort that is put into it. And as I said before, your ideas are all great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW I bow to you like... Wayne's World... I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy.... I love coming to your blog to see all of your CRAFTY GOODNESS!!! I PuFfY heart it!!! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the paper, love the banners, love you.
    And I have a box full of the handouts from Young Women's.
    Happy showering.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The phrase on the candy...if only we all could remember and use it. Like the verse in James...be qick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger. I quote that one to myself quite often. Have a delightful time with your sis!

    ~olive

    ReplyDelete
  20. !!! And I fancied myself a card maker. Yours are GORGEOUS and I love the shower favors! I might have to steal some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so crafty!!! I love your idea on the handout treats you made. I love visiting your site to see what you have to say and show.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - those projects are incredible Shelley! Every single thing you do is amazing!

    Have a wonderful time with your sister!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shelley what can I say? You are great and I love you and your cute family. Hey for more stamp/paper tutorials check out www.splitcoaststampers.com they have great stuff on there too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. the dutch reformersJune 30, 2010 at 7:36 AM

    Wow! You and everything you create are amazing and so inspiring! I read your blog everyday (and sometimes check it more than that...blog stalking?!)and I am uplifted. Thanks for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  25. GAH! Just stop! If I see one more adorable thing you've done I might die! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks to me like you use the paper! I love paper, and I love to scrapbook. I think your little projects and cards are adorable, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope the shower went well! Loving all of your creativity! Enjoy your weekend and celebrating the Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just discovered your blog, you're delightful! So creative and fun. I am wishing I'd had you as my young women's leader. For the record, I totally still have some of my favorite cutesy hand outs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. well, you never cease to amaze me with your talents and creativity! i love your cards and pinwheels. i'll be checking out those links.

    have fun at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love it all. You have ignited my creative juices just in time for my lil Princess' 5th birthday party. Thanks, I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love it, I love it all. You have re-ignited my creative juices just in time for my lil Princess' 5th bday -Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and comments. We truly love and appreciate each one!

ShareThis